THIS BLOG CONTAINS EXCERPTS FROM GIVE ME SOME CREDIT, A WONDERFUL BOOK AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE ON LULU.COM!
ALSO CHECK OUT GIVEMESOMECREDIT.ORG.
THANKS FOR READING!
I seem to finally be absolved of the Dana Building situation!
As I suspected, when I finally let go of all my resistance, sent the Ladies their check, and gave it over, a miracle came through.
After all the rancor of the last five months, the threats to sue, the consulting with attorneys, and the fear and sickness I’ve felt, it now looks like we have a new tenant for the office. Linda has come through.
The terms are in place, and I couldn’t be happier.
To review, the incentive for taking over the leas is $246 / month for six months, or $1476 total. I’m going to pay half now (inheritance is pretty much gone after that), and half on the 15th of each month, through May ($123 / month, which I should be able to handle).
Now, do to I want to pay another $1476 on this sinkhole? Of course not. But, bleeding $946 per month is absolutely not acceptable, and being sued is about as appealing to me as getting a colonoscopy and a root canal at the same time. I’d much rather pay out $1476, and be done with it, than run the risk of accruing more debt with Susan and her colleagues, or going bankrupt if I get sued.
Overall, I’m ready to be done with this, and I’m ready to open my wallet to make the deal happen. And I will never, ever sign on the dotted line again, without carefully considering what I’m doing. I’ve been humbled by this whole process. The cavalier attitude with which I signed that lease, and subsequently absconded to Portland, obviously did not serve me in this situation. So, lesson learned; let’s move on. No need to criticize myself about it. I understand that I was spiritually and emotionally sick when I made the decisions that got me in this mess, and now I’m much healthier, so all I can do is clean up the mess, and move on. Beating myself up isn’t going to help.
Now we only have a few more creditors to deal with, and with no lawsuits pending, I’m two for two in miracles, so I feel humble, grateful, and optimistic.
No comments:
Post a Comment